HOW WEIGHING-IN SCRAP METAL CAN CONTRIBUTE POSITIVELY TO THE PLANET
Caring for the planet and making choices that impact the environment positively has become part of everyday life. From selecting energy efficient appliances, to spending time sorting out our recycling waste at home, doing our bit for the environment has become ingrained into our way of life. This post looks at how weighing-in scrap metal can contribute positively to the planet
When we talk about recycling, the materials that probably spring to mind are: glass, plastic and paper, but metal recycling is actually quite significant.
Here at Kas Metal, we live and breathe metal, and actually love the stuff. Beyond the versatility of this wonderful material, there are some really interesting facts about metal. For example, did you know that Aluminium, iron, steel, copper and brass can all be recycled and reused over and over again? Metal is one of only a handful of materials that can be recycled without losing performance or any of its properties.
Did you know that a Boeing-747 contains around 66,000 kg of aluminium, and steel makes up around 25 per cent of an average computer. There is A LOT of metal out there and this all can be recycled and turned into something new.
How weighing-in scrap metal contributes positively to the planet
Recycling scrap metal can contribute positively towards to the planet for 3 key reasons:
1. Recycling metal reduces landfill. If metals are being recycled into new products, then they are not taking up space in a landfill. As we’ve already mentioned, metal is a phenomenally precious material that can be recycled and reused time and time again.
2. Energy saving. A significant amount of energy is needed to create new metals, whereas much less energy is required to recycle metals into a new product.
3. If we are recycling and reusing the same materials, there will be a major reduction in the use of natural resources.
Do your bit by recycling metals
If you are having a clear out of your shed, garage or van and you have metal items that you no longer need, instead of taking them to the skip, bring them to be weighed-in. Not only will you be doing your part for the environment, but you will also be paid for the value of your metal. It’s a win-win for all!
What metals can be scrapped?
The non-ferrous scrap that we buy:
- Copper – tube, pipe, wire
- Brass – taps, fittings, ornaments
- Aluminium – used aluminium, HE9, new production cuttings, car wheels, cast
- Cables – household cable, data cable, singles, armoured
- Lead – flashing, pipe
- Stainless steel – sinks, utensils, commercial fittings, valves
- Zinc – sheeting, diecast
- Motors – standard electrical motors, starters and alternators, washing machine motors
The ferrous scrap that we buy:
- Washing machines
- Tumble dryers
- Household appliances
- Gates, doors, railings
Scrapping metal in Wigan, Atherton, Leigh, Bolton and Tyldesley
Kas Metal is located in Atherton. We are perfectly located for businesses and public who are looking to scrap metal in Wigan, Bolton, Leigh, Manchester and surrounding areas.
Address: Unit J, Coal Pit Ln, Atherton, Manchester M46 0RY
Quick link to Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/CWP67cwxqaWe7tdY9
You can reach us on: 01942 88 33 22
We are open Monday – Wednesday 8.00 – 4.30pm and Thursday – Friday, 8.00 – 5.30pm.